The Muses visit Hollywood in the form of many incarnations: TV series, books, toys, video games, and board games.
Let’s face it. Every story has been done. Who needs originality when the products we know and love make excellent premises for films. It’s just smart business. Right?
Not buying it? Look at “OUIJA” – a film based on the game went on to become a box office phenomenon. Or “BATTLESHIP” – while it didn’t exactly sink the cineplexes, it still earned a loyal fan base and some say came close to Oscar nods. What’s next? Can you anticipate the trends? Take a guess at whether this film is visionary or phony. Is this a product-turned-movie and will it be coming to a theater near you?
- Is Hungry Hungry Hippos the board game from Hasbro being made into a Hollywood movie?
- Is America’s favorite cereal turning into a Serial?
- Will J.Law be turning rags to riches in the new Always drama?
- Adam Sandler + Candyland boardgame = Hollywood jawbreaker?
- Has Mark Wahlberg gone soft with Snuggle?
- Wowzers! Move over HULK… there’s a new green guy in Hollywood town!