Short Script Gods Depository
Story structure, myths, and screenwriting in films and television such as “Breaking Bad“, “E.T.“, “Edward Scissorhands“, and more located here:
- Hidden story behind Steven Spielberg’s “E.T”.
- We may not know if Pat Riley in “It’s Pat” is a boy or girl, but we do know this about him/her!
- What is Tim Burton‘s “Edward Scissorhands” hiding beneath the script?
- If you learn anything from “Police Academy“, let it be this.
- It ain’t called the Brunch Club, and for good reason!
- “Funny Farm” is full of laughs, as well as a hidden story!
- “Breaking Bad” has a lurid connection to RLS’s infamous novel!
- “Schindler’s List” has connection to a hidden story as told by Sigmund Freud.
- “Groundhog Day” with Bill Murray reminds us of this hidden story…
- Pee-Wee had a big adventure, that’s for sure. Under the layers of his bike-fetish reveals another story…
- Lars von Trier’s “Dogville” has more in common with a coke bottle than you ever thought possible!
As writers, we must learn to kill our babies. Only after we gain this ruthlessness, will our stories, characters, and dialogue breath.
Breaking news in Hollywood. Is it True or False?
- Will Mr. Sandler be playing in the upcoming film, “Candyland”?
- Is it true? Will J.Law bring her acting chops to the “Always” flick?
- Johnny Depp is full of surprises, and… Crunch?!
- Oh, Mark Wahlberg… do you have a snuggly side?
- Are the hippos hungry for the silver screen?
Want to direct a movie? Or maybe you just want to write a film script?
We all have to start somewhere, but where to begin? Let Norith Soth take you through the seven filmmaking styles. Decide for yourself which style fits you the most. Once you have a better idea of who you are, the short and feature films will simply oooze out of you.
- Are you “The Visionary“? If so, you’re in good company. Think Tim Burton, Michel Gondry, and Luis Bunuel.
- Or maybe your filmmaking approach is more inline of “The Pragmatic“. Francis Coppola, Robert Rodriguez, and George Lucas are all Prags.
- Is your muse more clown than belle? If so, check out “The Comic Genius” filmmaking styles.
- Do your companions say, “that’s funny” as they nod politely after you tell a joke? If so, you may excel in irony via “The Dry Comic Genius” phenotype.
- Got a case of the “double ds”? No, the other double ds… Dialogue Diva that is! If juicy dialogue is what inspires you, check this out!
- Perhaps you’re the NEXT director to watch. In that case, you may be “The Next Scorsese“.
- Sometimes, the only time the muse visits is when you gaze into the mirror. We’re looking at YOU, “Self Muse“.
We’re Discovering Overlooked Cinematic Gems on YouTube all the time
Check out some of our latest finds, live on Youtube at the time of writing:
- Cadillac Desert documentary based on Marc Reisner’s book, “Cadillac Desert”.
- Style Wars documentary, directed by Tony Silver about the early 80s graffiti movement in NYC.
- Rarely seen and currently undistributed film, “Jailbait” directed by Rainer Fassbinder.
- Orson Welles pitched this pilot for “The Orson Welles Show” – why wasn’t picked up?
- Soderbergh’s “Sex, Lies, and Videotape” rarely seen by Steven’s younger fans can enjoy on YouTube!
- Flashback in time to this charming comedy about a love letter that gets in the wrong hands in “Secret Admirer“.
- Mia Farrow (and the maid) had a lot to say about Woody Allen’s love life in “Love and Betrayal“.
Want to learn more about how to write a short film, or how to hire a screenwriter for your short movie?
Check out our “About Us” page.
Check out a comprehensive list of our screenwriting services.
Whether you want to direct your first film and don’t know where to start, or you already have an idea but just not sure how to write it, the Gods can answer your call.
Directing a movie? We want to hear about it! Want to direct a short but not sure where to start? Thinking about writing a short script but need some guidance?
Send us a shout at email@example.com.